Anyways, I have been sick since last Thursday. Not fun at all. I have had a cough since the end of December but I couldn't get into the pulminologist until March 8th. So, to make things worse, I get a sore throat and sinus issues. I went to the doc on Friday and of course, it's viral. You know the routine... gargle with salt water, stay hydrated, blah.blah.blah. I really wish the strep test would have come back positive so I could take some antibiotics and get rid of this crap.
I volunteered with Jenn at the big Women's Expo in Springfield for the American Cancer Society's booth. Of course, we had so much fun last year that we volunteered for the whole shift 9am-4pm. Let's just say, I wasn't as fun as last year. I was exhausted and overexerted my voice so that I don't have much of one anymore.
We went to KC 2 weekends ago. Emar went to a concert with my brother and we decided to make it a long weekend since he Emar works for the City and had Monday off for President's day. I took my 5 year old niece and her friend to the Justin Bieber movie, Never Say Never. I am not going to lie. I LOVED it! I didn't know much about him before I went, just that he was young musician. Emar showed me a YouTube video of him playing the drums when he was like 3 years old. Hell, I didn't even know he was from Canada! The movie is a 2 hour documentary (which I love!) and the girls were ready to leave after the first hour. I bribed them with nachos and skittles and they were fine for the rest of the movie.
While in KC, I went shopping for Vegas clothes with my bestfriend, Lindsey. We are going to Vegas in 2 weeks for a friend's bachelorette party. We are SUPER excited. I have been 2 other times and Lindsey has never been... it's going to be a fast, fun filled 2 day weekend. Unfortunately, it falls during Day Lights Savings Time... where we lose an hour on Saturday night and our flight is at 8AM the next morning... what the hell were we thinking?!
I will leave you on this note- it's Justin Bieber's 17th Birthday today:) No, I am not a groupie - just like that he helps the American Cancer Society. It's a short video with a great message.
UPDATED : Apparently The theme for NaBloPoMo this month is "In a Word". Well my word for today is RANDOMNESS- that's what this post is all about. I didn't realize I had to go along with the theme... we shall see:)
blogger was messing up, I couldn't get to your blog last night, so just now reading... look how festive you are with all the green! :) Hope you get to feeling better! A friend made a 'badge' for the NaBloPoMo but it's on my twitter, I'll download it tonight and send it to you!
ReplyDeleteI just came across your blog! Guess what!?!? I sure hope you blog every day for a month because I am your newest follow. You've got me wanting to read your blog! By the way, are you from around Springfield, MO? I live in Springfield, MO. I thought it'd be cool to follow someones blog who's from around this area.
ReplyDeletewww.aliciamarie911.blogspot.com