Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Friendship

I had a heart to heart with Walmart today.  Since October, I have sworn never to shop there again. Don't get me wrong, I love the prices, hate the experience. Since Walmart started changing their corporate structure about 2-3 years ago, the store set up and food options has changed. It is frustrating b/c the last time I went there (before I banned them), I could not find 8 items that I needed and found at the other Walmart across town.  Then, there are the classy toothless people of Springfield MO with their 20 illegitimate children that they have no control over.  The last time I was there, Emar and I timed ourselves in line to checkout.  Start to Finish= 25 minutes!  I am also very sick of seeing the white Great Value boxes taking over the store.  Therefore, if it was less than a $1.00 in savings, I would buy the name brand.  That will teach them. (yeah right!)

Anyways, I went shopping at our my new Price Cutter that opened up less than a mile from my house.  It is AWESOME.  Great organic section, salad bar, bistro- you name it.  I just had to pick up a few things.  I thought, while I am there, I will get some Smart One meals since Emar and I are doing Weight Watchers.  Well, the cheapest one was $4.00!!!  I refused to buy them.  I can go to Walmart and the most expensive one is $1.98.

Today, I talked myself up to going back to Walmart.  I think Walmart wants to mend our old friendship.  Everything I needed was there, the store was clean, not many people with their screaming children.  And, to top it off, as I was looking for a check out lane, a nice guy in his navy blue Faded Glory shirt welcomed me saying "Are you ready to check out?"  I know, can you believe it?  I was FIRST in line.  So for now, I will be taking the rekindled relationship slow but only time will tell when Wally wants to piss Bethany off again.

3 comments:

  1. HA! I can TOTALLY relate with this one! I too HATE shopping at Walmart in Springfield. The one on Kansas is horrible. They NEVER have enough checkers and lines with people and their "illegitimate" children are screaming and running around making fools of themselves. If you're referring to the Price Cutter on bypass and Chestnut, I LOVE that store. I could NOT believe how HUGE it is. It's like the mall of grocery stores...seriously, my husband and I got lost in there.

    www.aliciamarie911.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love OUR new wlamart too... they have great meat (we've bought several 'fancy' things, like stuffed pork chops)... but you know how cheep my husband is, he has a heart attack when he's in there, so we don't do our 'real' shopping there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, I am sure you were preferring to MY Price Cutter, not Walmart:) Looks like we have a fellow IF friend, Alicia from Springfield too!!! Alicia, yes the one at Chestnut and West Bypass.

    ReplyDelete

Quote