Monday, March 28, 2011

Cable

Tonight Emar and I finished Season 4 of Dexter on Netflix.  Let me just say, I do not regret the decision of getting rid of cable.  Back at the end of January, we cancelled our 200+ channel Dish Network with 2 DVR subscription, which was costing us about $100 a month (b/c we were told we had to have a land line to have Dish).  We traded cable for the Apple TV (a Christmas gift for Emar from my parents), Netflix subscription and got digital satellites for our 2 TV's.  I really thought I would go into deep depression once we cancelled but haven't. We decided on a blizzard morning that we would start a new series.  I had seen people on Facebook mention Dexter so we thought we would give it a try... and we are hooked!  The first 3 seasons are on instant Netflix (streamed through the Wii or Apple TV).  We had to start the DVD's and we look forward to the next one to arrive in 2-3 days.  Along with Dexter, I started Weeds yesterday and am already 4 episodes in... and you know my obsession with Say Yes to the Dress- well I sadly finished all 5 seasons, 75 episodes:(  I didn't know it was the last one, otherwise the wedding dress would have been on!). As far as DVR, it was a luxury.   Now if we miss any shows, I can catch them on Hulu or on Apple TV for 99cents and episode- nothing close to the $100 cable bill.  Along with saving money, I we have found more time for each other.  Even if Dexter is our time:)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Dexter! We've been talking about canceling our DirecTV. Hmmm...this sways me even more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DH and I love netflix! I didn't realize say yes to the dress was on instant till you mentioned it. I added it yesterday and watched a ton of episodes, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Quote