Friday, March 4, 2011

Sleep

Oh how I love sleep.  It's probably my favorite past time.  My brother always makes fun of me b/c I still can used to be able to sleep until 1pm or 2pm in the afternoon.  Not anymore.  I can't remember the last time I slept past 10am.

The past week, being sick (are you sick of me talking about it? no pun intended) has put a huge damper in my sleep schedule. I prefer at least 8 hours of sleep.  I have a horrible cough that wakes me up 3-4 times a night. I ended up having to move to the guest room to keep our marriage a "happy marriage" and let Emar get some sleep as I was waking him up with my coughing.  I have tried numerous things lately.  The most extreme was putting *vicks vapor rub on my feet - with socks of course.  I do believe this has helped.  My doctor called in some Robitussin with codeine and I can honestly say, last night was the best sleep I have gotten in a week.  Thank God!  In fact, I decided it was so good that I was going to enjoy it more and didn't go to work until 10am today (supposed to be there at 8am) and it felt great!

I have a nightly routine now- must blog first so I don't miss any of the 31 days, put vicks on my feet, take my codeine, inhaler, cough drop,  fill up a glass of water, etc.... you get the gist


To sum it up in one word- Sleep- hope tonight was as good as last!! No plans tomorrow so I can sleep in as long as my heart desires.


*Last night, I went to bed around 10pm and around 10:30pm, I had a severe coughing fit.  I didn't want to wake Emar, so I decided to go to the laundry room, which is on the other side of the house off the kitchen, which is tiled.  Emar woke up this AM (before me of course- remember, I love sleep) and he could see my vicks vapor rub footprints across the kitchen floor into the laundry room.  He said he was questioning himself this morning, "Why the hell was Bethany in the laundry room last night?"  Only did he know, I did it for him:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote