Thursday, March 24, 2011

Late

I hate being late to important meetings or if someone else is waiting for me.  Today, I had to be at work by 7am to head to Bentonville, AR.  We have a hotel there and I had to meet my insurance broker (Mike) so we could carpool down there to do our open enrollment meetings.  I set my alarm last night for 5:46.  I also told Emar (as he was about to fall asleep) to make sure I am up by 6am.  The phone rang this AM and it was Mike.  Before I answered the phone, I asked Emar what time it was and he said "around 6:20am." I was like "You were supposed to wake me up!"   I quickly answered the phone and he could tell I just woke up.  He was just calling to see if I wanted him to pick me up some coffee from McDonald's.  I told him I was jumping in the shower and I would be right there.  I quickly jumped out of bed and turned the shower on, started brushing my teeth and taking my medicine.  I ran to check the time and it was actually 6:36am and it takes me 15 min to get to work.  I shut off the shower.  Emar offered to iron some clothes (I think he felt bad that he didn't make sure I was awake).  I gathered my makeup in a bag and did the "day 3 of not washing my hair" ponytail.  Thank God for baby powder b/c my hair is usually really oily.  Got dressed and kissed Emar goodbye and made it to work by 6:59am- Record time!!!

Wish us luck and say some prayers tonight!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you didn't wake up when you were supposed too. At least you made it in record time. That's impressive. I have you are having a safe trip to AR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck to you! I hope your 2ww goes quickly and smoothly and ends in much happiness.

    ReplyDelete

Quote