Sunday, March 20, 2011

Vacation

Emar and I are trying to decide on what we are going to do for vacation this year.  Last year, I don't consider a true vacation.  We went to Philadelphia for my cousin's wedding.  I feel sometimes when you have to do something, it takes the fun out of the vacation.   Two years ago, before TTC, we decided to go back to our honeymoon spot in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico.  It was a blast and we were able to share it with my BFF Lindsey and her husband.  This was supposed to be our "last fling" before I got prego -sigh- 2 1/2 years later... still TTC. 

We were hoping to go to Florida with my brother and his family but it was SUPER expensive for him to fly his family of 4 out - $1600 not even including, hotel, rental car, food, Disney tickets, etc.  The "together" vacation just isn't going to work this year.  We fortunately have 2 roundtrip Southwest tickets (thanks to my SW Rewards card!)

I am still on the fence.  Emar doesn't think he wants to go to Florida b/c we would go visit my grandmother and then it wouldn't be considered a "vacation."  I don't see it that way.  I think there are 2 great options for our vacation (hoping to be a Babymoon):

1.  Fly into Orlando (do the Disney, Sea World thing) for 3 nights, then head to grandma's for 3 nights
or
2.  Fly into Orlando, go on a 4 night cruise and come back to stay with grandma for 2 nights.

I am leaning toward #1 because it doesn't cost as much money and I feel like I would be more relaxed.  Especially if I am pregnant.     Also, I am not 100% sold on the cruise yet because we are limited on when we depart and for how many nights.  I like flexibility:)

Would love to know your thoughts and ideas for vacation!  Wish me luck tomorrow- heading to Dr. S office to get my follies checked!!

3 comments:

  1. I BEG my husband for a vacations because everyone keeps telling me that if I go on a vacation I'll be so relaxed that pregnancy might come easier. I seriously doubt that's true in my case, but heck, why not give it a try? I hope you figure out where you're gonna go on your vacation soon. I'm jealous you're planning one. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dog I was referring to that had puppies was Lady. Although, Buddy is the dad. :) I sure wish I could pick my neighbors. Luke wants us to sign some sort of petition to get them kicked out of the neighborhood. He thinks this is possible because of the show Everybody loves Raymond. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went on a cruise in January. It was awesome. But if you might be pregnant and in the early part of it (morning sickness & food smell sensitivity) a cruise might be rough. If you get rough seas that might make it hard too. I might save the cruise for a time when you know you won't be preggo.

    ReplyDelete

Quote