Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Privacy

I ran into a very uncomfortable situation this weekend and I would like to "nip it in the bud."  I was at an event and someone asked me flat out "So didn't you trigger?"  In front of people I don't know and some people I don't want to know what I am going through.  I politely told her not to talk about it and she said, "it's not like anyone knows what we are talking about anyway."   She would be suprised.  Anyways, this person also "fell" across my blog.  I knew it could happen but let's not talk about it in public... k?

I stole this fair and square (with permission of course) from Ashley at Stealing Baby Kisses.  I feel she put it best. 

Although I would love for anyone to follow my blog, since this blog turned into an outlet for me on this fertility journey, I just ask that if we know you in "real life" that you will keep what you read on here private. You are welcome to follow/show your support. And if you have any questions you can email me on HERE...not on facebook or in public. I do not have my blog link on facebook for a reason. I ask that you do not ask me about it in public, and do not share with others what you may read on it. I'm not embarrassed. But I just don't want to have people asking me questions/judging us for the decisions we are having to make. Unfortunately, not everyone will understand. I hope you will understand my heart on this request. Thank you for the respect, and thank you for the support!

5 comments:

  1. Oh goodness... I'm so sorry. You're right... I think people that are not in the world of infertility would be incredibly surprised at how many actually do know the terms and thus, the meaning of these kinds of statements. Given that 1 in 8 are infertile, there are many of us out here... mostly unknown. Add to that the friends and family that we confide in. This is the ugliness of a disease that is so little understood, so very personal, and given such little consideration as a medical issue by the public as a whole: that there are numerous couples, friends, and family members that surround us on a daily basis. They are aware... they know what this means. I hope that you're able to retain your privacy. I, like you, am not embarrassed for one minute by a disease that is beyond my choice and control. That said, I don't exactly want to advertise the details of my treatments to the public...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be so uncomfortable...sorry you had to experience that the hard way. That's always been a fear of mine, but I think that statement is perfect. Hopefully she will respect your privacy from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. .....how insensitive. And then she didnt even have any remorse for making you so uncomfortable? red flag. Well I hope that doesnt happen to you again.

    OAN: your layout is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo! I wish I wouldn't have connected mine to facebook... you know the shit storm that stirred up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry someone put you in that situation. My pastor makes off the wall comments sometimes around people about what we're going through and it ticks me off! Hopefully after this blog people will be more apt to THINK before they speak.

    By the way, I am LOVING your new layout! Your Easter one was cute too!

    ReplyDelete

Quote