Monday, April 25, 2011

My First Award

Wow, I am so excited. I have been blogging for about 6 months now and received my first award today from Baby Hopes.  Go give her some love as she is starting her journey with IVF!

 
 
So how this works...
  • Snatch the image.
  • Link back the person who gave you the award. (Thanks again Baby Hopes!)
  • Share 7 things about myself
  • Award 10 other bloggers and contact them so they know they’ve won. 

1.  I have lived in 6 different states.  No my dad was not in the military, but in the hotel industry.  I was born in New Jersey and lived in Tennessee, Virginia, Michigan, Missouri, Kansas and now back to Missouri and yes, in that order!

2.  I have one brother.  He is 3 1/2 years older than me.  His wife and I are great friends (actually my Matron of Honor in our wedding).  They live in Kansas City- about 3 hours from us.  We enjoy our trips to KC to see them and their kids (Joe & Kate- who I ADORE!) and of course friends!  We are actually heading that way this weekend for one of my best friends from high school wedding.

3.  I have no hobbies.  I think it has to do with my ADHD.  I have a hard time finishing projects.  Emar has lots of hobbies  (he is very talented) so I decided my hobby would be donating my time to the American Cancer Society Relay For Life.  I am in my 2nd year as co-chair and I love the mission and the people!

4.  We have a dog Maggie who we treat like a child.  She is spoiled as can be.  We even let the 70 pound black lab sleep in between us at night. 

5.  I love my inlaws- I know, can you believe it?  They are great people to be around and I feel like I can talk to my MIL like she is my own mother. I am truly blessed.

6.  Emar and I met on Match.com in 2007.  He was my first date.  I did go out on one more date but I kept comparing that guy (can't even remember his name)  to Emar.  8 months later, we were engaged, 8 months after that, we were married.

7.  I am a Kansas State University alumni and proud of it!  Even though I am a Missouri gal, I went to K-State for Hotel/Restaurant Management.  I graduated in 3 years (had 60 hours in duel credit from high school).  That is one thing I regret, speeding through.  I don't regret that fact that I would have had more than my $30,000 student loan to pay back if I would have stayed longer:)  I can't regret too much, b/c I wouldn't probably be where I am today if I hadn't graduated early. 


Ten blogs (in no particular order):
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I love learning more about you! :) Thinking of you in your tww!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I feel honored! My husband and I met on match.com too, but we met in 2008. We were engaged after 6 months and married 5 months later. The more I read about you the more I see how much we have in common.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the award!! That was so sweet of you to think of me.

    I am hobbie less too...maybe I should take a page from your book and volunteer more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! So cool that you and your hubby met on match.com, I have lots of friends who are dating right now through that site! My golden was named Maggie, great name :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We live pretty close to each other! Are you in Springfield? I went to school at SMS but I live in KC now. My dad recently bought some gas stations in Clinton and Lowry City, MO and my husband opened a BBQ restaurant in his Lowry City store so I'm down that way fairly often. Small world! Just wanted to stop in and say hi and thanks for commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Quote