Today was our first and hopefully last IUI. I am not sure I knew what to expect of the whole experience. Emar had to have his fresh sample to me by 1:15pm. I arrived at the Dr. office around 12:50pm and he showed up at 1:00pm. I feel so bad for the guy having to do it in a cup! Anyways, as he handed me the white paper sack, he said "Did someone call for a M------ (insert last name) Special?" It was hilarious. He kissed me goodbye (had to get back to work) and told me to make him a boy!
It took about 30 minutes for the lab to wash the sample. They took me back to the room and a few minutes later Amy was there to do the procedure. I would say it reminded me of a cross between a pap smear and HSG. The whole procedure took about 5 minutes. After it was done, I was told to lie down (they propped my butt) for about 30 minutes and then I could go. Amy came back in to tell me the results of Emar's sperm count. Great news! 143 million and great motility! I texted it to Emar and he texted me back "WTF did you expect!?!? .... last name is M----- (all caps)."
I ended up staying there for about an hour after the IUI because I was experiencing some cramping. It reminded me of period cramps... but it was only on the left for about 15-20 minutes and then switched to the left. It was weird. Amy gave me instructions to do the Estrodial for one more night and I start progesterone suppositories (2x per day) tomorrow for 2 weeks! Can't wait (sarcasm!)! I go in next week to check my progesterone and to see if I ovulated. I felt the twinges in my ovaries like last cycle so I am hoping it's a YES! On Cinco de Mayo, I will either be celebrating my pregnancy OR celebrating the Mexican Independence Day with a margarita. I am hoping it's the first! After I left the office, I treated myself to a manicure. My nails are growing like crazy (and I have never had nails!)
Thanks for all of your comments, kind words, prayers and encouragement! It truly means A LOT to me and that's why I am here in the blogging world!!!
2 side notes-
I weighed in on Tuesday- no loss, no gain
My acupuncture appt got moved to next Wednesday. Ironically, his wife is being induced tomorrow!
I am
Best of luck!!!
ReplyDeleteSending you all the luck in the world! x
ReplyDeleteI can't wait... I'm going to get you tests, so you can figure out when the HCG shot processes out of your body! :)
ReplyDeletegood luck!!!
ReplyDelete