Holy Shit! We are doing our first IUI tomorrow!
We got to see Dr. S today. Emar and I went in for our ultrasound and dr. visit. I have 2 follicles on the Right Ovary and 4 on the Left that are 18mm or bigger. We discussed home intercourse and MY issues with my left side (I think he actually thinks the same way I do!). We also discussed my endometrial thickness which was at a whopping 6.35 and it needs to be 8 or above. I have been doing 2 Estrodial pills (vaginally) every day since Friday. It has thickened, just not enough. Dr. S thinks this will be my last round of Clomid because it is an antiestrogen drug. I am hoping so too- hoping to get prego tomorrow:) I hope the lining continues to thicken!! I asked Dr. S about how he felt about IUI and he said we are in the "gray" area but if we want to be aggressive, we would want to move to IUI. He said we didn't have to make the decision right then but when they called with my LH level. This would give Emar and I some time to talk about it. When I left the office, they gave me my trigger shot and a specimen cup. As I was leaving, Dr. S said "You know, I am leaning more towards IUI."
Well that didn't happen. I got the phone call at 1:50pm from Dr. S office. Jana, the nurse, said that they would like to do the IUI tomorrow at 1:30pm....Panic mode set in. I called Emar and he did not answer ( I knew he was on the phone with AT&T trying to figure out their mess up). I texted him the situation and he texted back "Sure let's do it." (Short and sweet as he was multitasking while on the phone).
I quickly called Jana back and told her. She said I needed to do the shot right that moment. OMG - I don't give myself shots. Emar does that. So, I was thinking- who at the hotel can give me a shot. Ironically yesterday, I ate lunch with the housekeepers. One of them, Daisy, is going to school to become a medical assistant. She was telling me all about it yesterday. I would have never know this if I didn't eat lunch with her yesterday. Anyways, I quickly ran up to the 3rd floor of the hotel to where she was supposed to be, no sign. Went to the 2nd floor to find her cart, but no Daisy. Ah ha! It is 2pm. All the housekeepers are smokers... I know where to find her! I went out to the picnic table and asked her to do me a HUGE favor and of course she said yes. She asked me what kind of shot and I told her Ovidrel and her eyes lit up and said "Are you trying to make a baby!?" I told her yes, and that I didn't want the whole hotel to know. We went into my office, shut the door, and showed her my belly fat:) She did the shot so quickly and painless. Emar does it very slow to try not to hurt me but it stings a lot more that way.
So that's where we are- tomorrow we will be having our first (and hopefully last) IUI. Wish us luck!
Best of luck!!! :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck we were supposed to have our first iui last week but was told there were too many mature follicles at 3? yet you have 6!
ReplyDeleteJust wondered if they plan to take any away or risk a multiple pregnancy??
From and IUI vet. I am sending you loads of egg meet sperm vibes for Tomorrow. My fingers are truely crossed for you guys that an Easter miracle is in the making.
ReplyDeleteFingers & toes crossed for you!!! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you and wishing you GREAT luck!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! Good luck with your IUI!! That is so excititng!! Following you now! I just added your link!
ReplyDelete