I have had a few things happen the past day that have made me take a step back and realize how precious life is and that God is in control. I am a firm believer that all things happen for a reason- we just might not know that reason right away.
Yesterday, my friend's mom found out that her cancer scan was not good. They are ceasing all treatments as it has traveled to her liver. Trent is getting married July 22nd (my bday) and I pray that his mom is able to be there on his special day!
At around 11am today, I got a call from one of our hotel properties that our maintenance man fell from a ladder. I rushed over to the property right before the ambulance arrived. They took him to the hospital where they did a brain scan and xray. He is in ICU right now b/c he has some bleeding in the brain. He also had staples in his head and has a broken hip. Tomorrow's bran scan results will decide if he will have surgery tomorrow or Saturday. I pray for a fast recovery!
Lastly, Emar and I went to a friend's Golden Bday party tonight (29 on the 29th). While I was there, I was scanning facebook on my phone (I have a slight addiction). One of my childhood/neighborhood friends, Amy, got married on June 11th. She then went on a 2 week honeymoon in South Florida. She posted pictures daily of the blast her and her husband were having. On Sunday night, her last FB post, she stated she didn't feel well. Tonight I found out she died. She was just shy of turning 30. She was diagnosed with acute leukemia and went into a coma (draining pressure from the brain) and died today. I am sick to my stomach. I can't believe she is gone... and I can't even imagine how her new groom is feeling. I have to believe that God was needing another angel!
I am sorry for the Debbie Downer post. It was just a rough day and I had to talk about it:( I hope you all had a better day than me!
Oh my!!! That is a horrible day:(. BIG ((HUGS))
ReplyDeleteOmg this is super sad... I'll be praying for them and their families. Big hugs to u.. Hope ur day gets a lil better today.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry honey!!! My cousin's husband passed away from the same thing about 3 years ago. It is so sudden and so shocking that it is very hard to process. My thoughts are with you and your friend's family.
ReplyDelete:( I'm sorry, BMar! I'm thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers.
ReplyDelete