Geoff,
I wanted to send you a quick email to cancel my two appts next week.
From the moment I first called you, I told you that I wanted to do a mixture of both Eastern and Western medicine for my fertility issues. In discussion today (and during my previous IUI cycle), you mentioned to take time off from doing any more drugs through Dr. Stein. I do understand your reasoning but that was not my wishes. Today I felt pressured and I did not feel comfortable.
I appreciate your time you spent with me.
Sincerely,
BMar
And here is his response that I appreciated:
Hi BMar,
Sorry to make you feel pressured! That was not my intent. In order to get the best results, there needs to be proper preparation and then the IUI / IVF treatment. Just treating at the procedure doesn’t result in the proper treatment. The mixture is great, as you wanted to do, but I think we may have had a miscommunication that rather than trying to do both at the same time, you have to use one to prepare for the other. I hope this makes sense and I apologize for making you feel uncomfortable about it – I make recommendations for patients based on what is going to give them the best results, and that’s why I recommended taking some time to prepare your body for the procedures rather than just charging ahead without getting ready. I hope you might reconsider since I would expect you to have a great outcome in the end.
Best regards,
Geoff
I think in the end you need to go with your gut... YOU are the one in treatment. I do think that acupuncture has a place, but I'm not a fan of any specialist, whether they take an Eastern or Western perspective (or both), hijacking the course of your treatment. I think you need to do what you feel comfortable with and what your body is telling you once you've taken their recommendations into consideration.
ReplyDeleteI'm about to do the same thing! But I'm probably gonna be a chicken and just call the receptionist and cancel. I feel like I'm not getting as much toward IVF as I would like. She keeps focusing on other stuff instead of getting me ready for IVF.
ReplyDelete