It's all I can say to sum up the last 3 1/2 days. We had Emar's family reunion in Springfield. There was a total of 18 of us (only one person missing and that is Emar's brother who is in Iraq in the Air Force).
Out of the 18 folks, 7 of us live in one city and that is why we chose to have it here. The rest of the family was from Seattle, Montana, Michigan and New York. We did everything a tourist could do in Springfield except for the #1 tourist attraction Bass Pro.
Friday was fun. We went to Branson to sight see as one must do being so close. We went ziplining which was amazing! We then went to the Titanic museum. It was really neat. Once you arrive, they give you a boarding pass for one of the actual passengers. You learn a little about them and see some artifacts that relate to the passenger. At the end, you find out the fate of your passenger. I unfortunately died with my 4 children:( After 8 1/2 hours there, we headed home to host the whole family at our little 1500 sq ft home. It was tight but it was a lot of fun. Emar and I were the only homemade meal on their trip so it was nice. I went to bed on Friday feeling like a Mac truck had hit me.
Saturday was not as jam packed. We went to lunch and then went to walk around downtown Springfield before we headed to my inlaws for dinner. Last night we were awoken by the tornado sirens so Emar, Maggie and I rushed to the laundry room for 45 minutes until it passed. I don't think tornado sirens will ever be the same since Joplin (which is only an hour from our house!) Luckily nothing touched ground.
Today we got up and went to Target to get some gifts for tonight's events. We celebrated 3 birthdays, Father's Day and my crazy SIL "baby shower" for her 3rd child. We then headed to a place called Animal Kingdom Paradise. It's a ride through animal park where you get to feed the animals from your car or from a tour bus. We opted for the tour bus and had blast. In the 10 years (off and on) that I have lived here, I had never been and I am glad we went. Then we went to my SIL house and had the day of celebration and our final meal together. It's so sad to say goodbyes b/c it takes about 10 years to get everyone back together..
I had a wonderful weekend but I am glad it's over!! Everyone got along and no major injuries:) Why is it that everything revolves around food at family get togethers? I am not looking forward to Weight Watchers on Tuesday. Goodnight All!!
Pics from tonight
Emar & I
Cute pics! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time!
ReplyDeleteIts so true! Everything revolves around food! When I went home to Texas, everyone wanted to take me to lunch or dinner or make a big meal and my family is not known for its healthy eating. I definitely took a hit to my weight loss on that trip.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you had a blast with Emar (i'm still laughing about my discovery)and his family! I love the animal paradise! Every time my little sister comes into town, we HAVE to take her there. She LOVES it!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had such a good time. The Titanic museum sounds so cool...
ReplyDelete