Wednesday, January 11, 2012

19 weeks and Back to Square 1

You may remember my 17 week post where I was so excited because I had two big items off my checklist for Jmar's arrival.  1.  A new hire in the office to help with my work load and also cover my maternity leave and 2.  Finding the perfect in home daycare

Well, they didn't go as great as planned.  Monday morning, the new hire was supposed to start.  I had a dream the night before that she didn't show up.  She showed up all right- to tell me that her husband is cheating on her and she is moving home to KC b/c she has no one here in Springfield.  I felt bad for her and I know it's not the end of the world - just glad we found out before I spent months training her and it to happen when I am on maternity leave. 

Not 30 minutes after the above conversation, I got a message on Facebook from the babysitter.  She asked me to call her so I immediately did.  She continued to tell me that her and her husband are quitting both of their jobs and starting a cleaning company.  Again, not the end of the world- glad I didn't get 3 weeks notice like the kids she is watching now. 

It just started the week off really shitty. Those were two big stress factors off my back but I know all things happen for a reason.  I already have a lead on a at home daycare and extended an offer to a lady that has more industry experience and qualifications that the first hire.


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 19 weeks 3 days

Size of baby: JMar is the size of a large mango this week and weighs 8 1/2 ounces, about 6 inches long. 

Weight Gain/Loss:  Up 8lbs total (1st trimester= 1 lb; 2nd trimester = 7 lbs) not looking forward to weighing in on Monday

Maternity Clothes: I NEED to go shopping!!  My pants are snug!! Seriously- I did get some $ and gift cards to do so.  I am holding out for my bff wardrobe which she loaned to a friend since we never thought I would get prego on our own.

Gender: Will find out at our  20 week u/s NEXT MONDAY- I CAN'T WAIT; Emar is hoping/thinking boy and I am hoping/thinking girl- I think it's because we don't know what to do with the other sex-- end result is we want a healthy baby- I am convinced it is a boy now, b/c the Chinese Calendar said so:)

Movement: I am feeling JMar, just not consistent.  Some are flutters and tonight it felt like he/she was kicking/punching me

Sleep: Sleep sucks.  I get up and pee every 2 hours and have a hard time falling back asleep.  Thank God for Netflix and 30 Rock.   I did get a Snoogle last week and I already want to return it.  I toss and turn so much that I can't use it.  I found a small pillow to put between my knees and it helps.
What I miss: nothing in regards to pregnancy

Cravings:  food- I eat all the dang time now

Symptoms:   peeing, sinus pressure/headaches (I thought I was sick and then read how it is very common), bloody nose, 2 stretch marks on my belly (look like varicose veins)   I went to the chiropractor again this week and my back feels better.
Best Moment this week: feeling the baby move and actually realizing it was the baby:)

4 comments:

  1. Ok, that does sound like a shitty way to start the week, but a huge blessing it happened now and not later like you said! How exciting that you are feeling the baby!!!! And even more exciting that you are just a few days away from knowing if your house will be filled with blue or pink. Can't wait to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to find out if JMar is a boy or a girl!!! Hope your replacement and daycare work out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks about the new hire falling through, but I'm sure you'll find someone else. You still have time. I can't wait to hear what you're having :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're not back at square one! The baby is moving and you're about to learn the gender. I'm excited:-) At least those two negative things can't take the positives away.

    ReplyDelete

Quote