I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas with their friends and family. I sure did! We celebrated with Emar's family first and then mine. It was a great time, everyone got along and I hated to see it come to an end. In fact, I cried. Go figure:)
No big plans for the New Year. I am doing two dog transports with my friend and probably dinner with the hubs on Saturday night. Sunday will be the day to take all the pretty Christmas decor up:(
I have been focusing on some really important things in my life in preparation to JMar's arrival approx 6 months from now. I set a goal a few weeks ago to accomplish two things by the end of the year and I have successfully done so! Emar and I took a day off last week to daycare shop. We went to about 5 or 6 centers and then one in-home daycare (recommendation from a friend) and we LOVED her! We are fortunate she will be able to take care of JMar when the time comes. I preferred the in-home care vs the centers because it felt more nurturing for an infant. I felt very sterile in the centers and I just knew it was right when we walked into Robie's home. My second accomplishment was hiring someone for the office. The company I work for is growing and growing and I can't keep up (and I need someone to fill in while on maternity leave). I needed help in my areas; accounting and human resources. Well, my good friend LA, sent me a resume a few weeks ago for a gal who has experience in both. After 4 long interviews with me, my boss and the vp of the company, she accepted the job offer and starts on the 9th! Woo Hoo!!!
Next Goals: Pediatricians and Emar and I discussing parenting/discipline so we are on the same page!
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 17 weeks 5 days
Size of baby: JMar is the size of a turnip this week and weighs 5 ounces, about 5 inches long. My uterus is the size of a cantaloupe- I say more like a watermelon!
Weight Gain/Loss: Up 8lbs total (1st trimester= 1 lb; 2nd trimester = 7 lbs)
Maternity Clothes: I NEED to go shopping!! My pants are snug!! Seriously- I did get some $ and gift cards to do so. I am holding out for my bff wardrobe which she loaned to a friend since we never thought I would get prego on our own.
Gender: Will find out at our 20 week u/s on January 16th; Emar is hoping/thinking boy and I am hoping/thinking girl- I think it's because we don't know what to do with the other sex-- end result is we want a healthy baby
Movement: Should be feeling some soon, they say between 16-22 weeks. I woke up this morning on my belly and felt a little poke in my lower pelvic area. I am still not sure if it was JMar or not
Sleep: Sleep is good- I fall asleep on my side and wake up on my tummy every morning. I wonder how long I will be able to do that.
What I miss: nothing in regards to pregnancy- just my family!
Cravings: Andy's frozen custard. I limit myself to once a week.
.
Symptoms: bloating, peeing, sinus pressure/headaches (I thought I was sick and then read how it is very common)
Best Moment this week: Seeing my family and celebrating Christmas with this little miracle on the way!
Happy 17 weeks momma!! And they say moms always have a gut feeling of what the sex is soooo maybe u will get ur princess :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats for 17 weeks! I hope you are able to feel JMar soon - that was definitely the best part for me. :-)
ReplyDelete