Saturday, January 1, 2011

Freaking Rockstar

This is what my friend Jenn at Got Love, Been Married, now where the hell's the baby carriage?  called me yesterday after I texted her (and my core 7 family/friends that know what we are going through) to tell her how my dr. appt went.   

We got our ultrasound thinking that this would be it.  We would get our trigger shot, go home and make a baby.  Well, I did amazingly well on the Clomid (100mg).  I had 5 perfect sized follicles.  My doc says that on Clomid, we have a 6% chance of multiples (mostly twins).  However, with us having 5 eggs, that puts us at a higher risk.  Dr. S let us make the ultimate decision but he didn't want us to be the 1 in 500 that has quads.  Emar is not comfortable with multiples at all, mainly b/c I sleep through everything and he stresses that he will do the sleepless nights for more than one baby:)  As his sister put it yesterday, no sleep is no sleep.  Period.  One or Two kids.  Anyways, we are going to wait this cycle out and start from scratch on different meds.  I think he mentioned letrozole with 2 shots.  It was all a blur yesterday. 

Dr. S thinks that my body responded really well, too well on the Clomid.  As we started 2 1/2 weeks ago, I began with 50 mg and it didn't do a thing.... so we upped to 100mg.  He thinks if we would have just started with the 100mg, we might have been o.k. 

Now come on Aunt Flo!!!!  You have such a mind of your own but the sooner you come, the better:)

1 comment:

  1. FIVE on Clomid! You are a rock star! Sorry you have to sit out though. That is a bummer....blah.

    ReplyDelete

Quote