Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Their Growing!!!

So, I went in to my ultrasound for Day 18 (2nd round of Chlomid, 100mg) today.  Great news! My follicles are growing!!  YEAH!  Dr. S was very pleased with my progress and I will be returning on Friday for another ultrasound and probably the trigger shot... then Emar needs to do his job:)   Wish me luck!

Christmas was a pretty good weekend.  My 2 year old nephew came to Springfield with pink eye (immediately got him on antibiotics), my 5 year old niece, threw up and passed out after we went and saw Tangled.   Don't worry- they are both okay now:) 

On a sad note, my Aunt Susan was rushed to the hospital on Christmas at about 4:30pm - 104 temp and incoherent.  Long story short, she is not well at all.  She has a do not resuscitate order and was coherent to tell us that she doesn't want anything to help her live - her kidneys and liver are failing.  I had been contemplating on going to see her on Monday.  She is at a hospital 3 hours away.  I just thought to myself that the last memory I had with her was at Thanksgiving and I didn't want it to be replaced with her dying in a hospital bed.  Well, a friend/co-worker told me that regret is the worst feeling to have and if I don't go, I can't take back time and that I may regret it.  I stopped what I was doing at work, called Emar and we both took off in 1 hour to head to Columbia.  I am so thankful that I had a friend tell me to go b/c I needed to go.  The light on my aunt's face when I walked into the room was priceless.  We spent about 3 hours visiting with my grandfather and my aunt (as much as she could, she can only say yes or no).  I didn't cry a tear on the way home b/c I feel I am at peace with her dying since I was able to go up and see her and say my "goodbyes."  My mom is up there now with the family and Aunt Susan is not expected to make it through the night.  She is heavily medicated as she was not comfortable and doesn't know what is going on.  Please keep my family in your prayers. 

I will let you know what we find out on Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I will keep your Aunt Susan in my prayers. It's so very hard thinking about loosing a loved one.

    Good luck with your "science project" I'm sure your hubby will do his portion well :)

    You're almost there!!!

    ReplyDelete

Quote