Tonight Emar and I sat down to do our December budget (a little behind I know). We went through Dave Ramsey almost 2 years ago and I am very thankful for that. I hear a lot of my friends have fights with their husband because of money, but we are financially sound and I think that's why we get along so well. Don't get me wrong, we do have our squabbles - just not about money. This year it falls that I get 3 paychecks this month. I love it!! It always feels like a "bonus." It's nice not to have to take $$$ out of savings to cover taxes, gifts, etc. One thing that Dave Ramsey would be disappointed in is that we still have a credit card. I love free flights from Southwest!!! We pay it off every month, so I personally don't see it as a problem.
I have a bad addiction- eating out for lunch. Poor Emar comes home every day at lunch to let our furkid, Maggie out and grab leftovers or a sandwhich. I am kind of a food snob. Emar can eat the same thing every day until the day he dies. I can maybe have a sandwich one day a week. My goal for December (b/c Emar said I couldn't do it- I must prove to him I can do it!!!) is to take my lunch every day. I am sure I will lose some lbs, which wouldn't hurt.
Since this is my first post where I have mentioned Maggie (aka Mags) I thought I would share a picture of her with you. My friend Morgan took this last year.

I heart dave ramsey too.... :) He saved us from lots of heartache, but I'll go toe to toe with him if he tries to convice me taking out a loan to pay off our little one is a bad idea! :) haha! Good luck with the challange. I wish I could leave and get food, but I've done pretty good in planning ahead- the healthy choice chiken noodle and chicken and rice are really good (and they have a 10 pack cheep at Sams!) Just make sure you take a can opener with you, becuase they don't have the pull off tops.... that's been my lunch so far this week!
ReplyDelete