Monday, July 2, 2012

1 Month Old


Where has the time gone?  Seriously!  I can't believe my little Brett is one month old!!  We seriously couldn't have asked for such a well natured baby!  You are such a little miracle baby, our little surprise miracle.  We waited so long for you and I honestly can't imagine a life without you.  The first week you were home, Mommy sat in tears while feeding or holding you in amazement of you and you perfection.  I felt like someone had to pinch me to tell me this new life of ours is real.  Since then, the tears aren't as often:) I have a hard time sitting you down - I want to hold you and stare at your adorable face all day long.  You are such a cuddler.  You love to be up on Mommy and Daddy's chest and almost immediately fall asleep.         


Sleep:  Our first night home was a rough one, my milk hadn't come in and you had a hard time settling .  Daddy was a saint that night and was able to console you.  You are sleeping approximately 3-4 hours at night, waking up once around 3ish.  Daddy is taking the 6am feeding via bottle so I can sleep in until around 9am. This past week, you have been waking up a little earlier than we would like; only 2 hours between feedings.  You make the funniest grunting noises at night.  Daddy thinks you are trying to poop and I think you are just noisy!  Sometimes I hear you trying to get your swaddle off so you can have access to your hands.  You sleep so much better when you are swaddled.  During the day, you sleep a lot.  I have been reading Babywise and will try to get you into routine of feed, wake, sleep but not too soon. 

Daily Routine: You eat, sleep and "play;"  not necessarily in that order.  You normally wake up with Daddy around 6ish and eat.  You then go back down until around 8:30am or 9am.  At that time, I nurse you and then we get dressed for the day.  You spend time in mommy's arms, swing, look at your mobile, play on your play mat, and read books.  Occasionally, we run errands or have appointments. 
Feed: You are primarily breastfed.  Daddy feeds you one bottle (breast milk) a day.  If we are out and about, you might get another bottle of formula or breastmilk.  The formula is usually when we are in a public place like the mall yesterday.  Mommy isn't 100% comfortable feeding you in public yet as we are still adjusting to positioning and latch.  I think mommy is much more nervous than she should be.  You feed every 3-4 hours.  I try to stay on that schedule during the day so we can plan things.  At night, we don't wake to feed you anymore. 
Weight:  
birth:  8 lbs 9 oz
now:  10 lbs 2 oz

Length:
birth:  21 inches
now:  22 inches

Diaper Size : Have been in size 1 diapers since 3 weeks old.  We ran out of the newborn.  I think they would be rather snug if we still had some. 

Clothes Size:
0-3 months works great for you.  You have mostly outgrown your newborn clothes. 
Hair Color:  You were born with dark (almost black) hair.  It is starting to lighten.  Grandma thinks it's going to turn blonde soon like Mommy and Daddy.  There is an area where it's starting to fall out where you have cradle cap.  The cradle cap didn't start until Grandma Shar and I bathed you today and brushed your hair. 

Eye color:
At birth: blue/gray; hasn't changed

Funniest moment: Since you don't have that much time under your belt, I would say every time you fart, it makes me giggle.  Also, hearing Daddy change your dirty diapers makes Mommy giggle too. 
Milestone: We are working on some tummy time right now and you have very good head/neck control.  Not 100% but making great progress.  At 4 weeks 1 day, you intentionally turned your head to acknowledge Mommy who was talking to you while you were on your play mat.  It wasn't just a fluke because you did the same thing with Daddy later that night. You are also able to follow an object from left to right.  
Your favorite toy:It's a toss between your swing and mobile. 
Firsts:
First hiccups
First babysitter (Grandma)
First bath (you are becoming more tolerant of them)
First restaurant and trip to the mall
First photo shoot  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote