Wednesday, May 30, 2012

39 weeks, Anxiety & Induction

Went to my 39 week appt yesterday.  I gained a pound and found out that I am 1.5cm dilated and 80% effaced.  Improvement (little) from last week.  She stripped my membranes AGAIN for the 3rd time.  Doc really thinks this will put me into labor... well 28 hours later, I am typing this with no real signs (contractions, water breaking, etc.).  Dr. Duff seems pleased with my progress but gave us the option to induce next week.  I asked her what her opinion was and she thought if I went much longer, I would end up with a c-section b/c the baby is so big.  So, yup, if I don't go into labor in the next 4 days, we are heading to the hospital.  I am excited for Monday but I am hoping on Friday or Saturday, this little booger decides to start things on his own.  Crossing fingers and saying prayers!
Now the anxiety kicks in-
1.  How much time should Emar take off? He only has about 2 weeks of time off but that would wipe him clean.  He has a guys trip to the Ryder cup in Sept with my dad and brother and I want to make sure he can take that time too. 
2.  Postpartum care and healing- Who is coming to help me? when? With my history of depression, will I just be a nutcase?  Kind of nervous being alone for 9 weeks.  I mean, there are people who are coming to visit, help, etc but it won't be 100% of the time I am off.  I don't want to be a failure as a mother. 
3.  Money- even though we have savings, I hate to dip into it!  I am using all 180 vacation hours that I have saved up but it only covers about 50% of my leave time.  I know it will be fine, just hate the whole savings thing.
4.  Breastfeeding- not going to lie, kind of creeps me out but I have gone to the classes, done my research, talked with my friends and I am going to give it 100%- just don't feel 100% prepared.



Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 39 weeks 3 days
Size of baby: Brett is the size of a large watermelon; 19-22 inches long and weighs 6 1/2 pounds! Ultrasound sound says 8 lbs 1 oz at 37 weeks.
Weight Gain/Loss: Up 17 lbs total (1st trimester= 1 lb; 2nd trimester = 6 lbs; 3rd trimester=10 lbs)Lost 3 lbs in the past week
Maternity Clothes: Definitely!
Gender: The Chinese Calendar was right- it's a BOY! Brett James
Movement: I can feel him moving but it is so different than before... more like shoves and pushes vs kicks.
Sleep: Been good-wake up every1 hour or so to pee. I wish my body would sleep more though:( I have to constantly switch sides b/c my hips are killing me. The pillow between the knees help a little. Actually used a different pillow last night and my hips didn't hurt as much.    I usually switch sides every time I get up to pee. It is hard to roll out of bed as my belly is so big.  My lower back is hurting when I sleep too- and of course, my chiropractor was closed this afternoon:(
What I miss: sleep. My brother used to say it's my favorite past time... well I don't get much of it anymore.
Cravings: Ice cream, sweets, frozen custard, you name it- sugar!  In fact, a guy at work brought me a tub of fresh blackberries and I made two pies last night!
Symptoms: peeing, lots of stretch marks on my belly - stopped counting. My acid reflux has gotten out of control. I am also experiencing lower back pain. A hemorrhoid:( I shall name him Ernie. I think he has a friend who I shall name Bert. I am getting a sharp pain under my right breast. It feels like someone is stabbing me at times. I believe it is some organ that is being pushed up and there is no room for it.  I forgot that I am snoring (apparently is what Emar says- still doesn't have proof).  I have supposedly been doing this for the past month or so!
Best Moment this week: Hearing Brett's heartbeat (155 bpm) and knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel:)

1 comment:

  1. You have Dr. Duff? I just set up an appointment with her and Dr. Cochren for July to get a second opinion about the clomid/Femara issue. Do you like her?

    I'm so excited for you. I can't believe he'll be here so soon!

    ReplyDelete

Quote