Wednesday, May 9, 2012

36 weeks and weekly dr. appts

Yesterday we went to my 36 week appt.  This marks the time when I start going to weekly appointments and will get checked to see if/how much I have progressed.  By the way, he hasn't dropped and she had to reach REALLY far to make sure he was head down and OMG it hurt.  Well I am not dilated.   She mentioned that my fundal height is measuring big (didn't even think to ask what I was measuring) so I get an ultrasound next Tuesday:)  Can't wait to see little Brett again!!


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 36 weeks 3 days

Size of baby: Brett is the size of  a large waternmelon;  19-22  inches long and weighs 6 1/2 pounds!

Weight Gain/Loss:  Up 18 lbs total (1st trimester= 1 lb; 2nd trimester = 6 lbs; 3rd trimester= 11 lbs)

Maternity Clothes: Definitely! 

Gender: The Chinese Calendar was right- it's a BOY! Brett James Marcol

Movement:  He is not moving as much as he was before b/c he is out of room- however his kicks are a lot more forceful.   


Sleep: Been good-wake up every 2 hours or so to pee.  I wish my body would sleep more though:(  Internal Brett alarm clock sucks. Been waking up at 4ish (when Emar gets up) and 6... when I don't have to be up until 7! It's getting harder to get in and out of bed. 

What I miss: my memory

Cravings:  I haven't had any cravings lately.  I have to monitor how much I eat as I still have reflux which makes me cough. I can go for ice cream or frozen custard any time:) 

Symptoms:   peeing,  lots of stretch marks on my belly - stopped counting.  My acid reflux has gotten out of control. The tightness in my belly I have concluded is Braxton Hicks contractions. I am also experience back pain. A new one- a hemorrhoid:(  I shall name him Ernie. I think he has a friend who I shall name Bert.  I am getting a sharp pain under my right breast.  It feels like someone is stabbing me at times.  I will be asking the doc on Tuesday about it.  It takes my breath away.  I believe it is some organ that is being pushed up and there is no room for it. 
Update:  Doc thinks its everything being pushed up in my rib area.  Could be a gallbladder issue but she didn't seem concerned.  As Emar says, tough it out- 3 1/2 more weeks:) 

Best Moment this week: Hearing Brett's heartbeat again- 168 bpm! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote