Wednesday, May 23, 2012

38 weeks

I think I am mentally checked out of work... however, I don't have that much vacation time for my 8 weeks off so I am trying to work it out til the end without having to dip into savings.

Went to my doc appt on Tuesday.  I was seen by the nurse practitioner b/c Dr. Duff was delivering a baby.  I am apparently the same as last week - 1 cm and 50% effaced.  That news was rather disappointing.  Maybe, just maybe the NP measured differently than the doc:)  I did lose 3 lbs... not sure how that happened as I am eating sweets left and right!  When they ask me if I have had any contractions, I always say no b/c I am don't really know what I am feeling for.... as I know they are different for each woman.  Had my membranes stripped again yesterday (hurt a lot more than the last time!).  


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 38 weeks 3 days

Size of baby: Brett is the size of  a large watermelon;  19-22  inches long and weighs 6 1/2 pounds! Ultrasound sound says 8 lbs 1 oz at 37 weeks. 

Weight Gain/Loss:  Up 16 lbs total (1st trimester= 1 lb; 2nd trimester = 6 lbs; 3rd trimester= 9 lbs)Lost 3 lbs in the past week

Maternity Clothes: Definitely! 

Gender: The Chinese Calendar was right- it's a BOY! Brett James Marcol

Movement:  I can feel him moving but it is so different than before... more like shoves and pushes vs kicks. 

Sleep: Been good-wake up every1 hour or so to pee.  I wish my body would sleep more though:( I have to constantly switch sides b/c my hips are killing me.  The pillow between the knees help a little.  I usually switch sides every time I get up to pee.  It is hard to roll out of bed as my belly is so big

What I miss: sleep.  My brother used to say it's my favorite past time... well I don't get much of it anymore. 

Cravings:  Ice cream, sweets, frozen custard, you name it- sugar!

Symptoms:   peeing,  lots of stretch marks on my belly - stopped counting.  My acid reflux has gotten out of control.  I am also experiencing lower back pain. A  hemorrhoid:(  I shall name him Ernie. I think he has a friend who I shall name Bert.  I am getting a sharp pain under my right breast.  It feels like someone is stabbing me at times.  I believe it is some organ that is being pushed up and there is no room for it.


Best Moment this week: Hearing Brett's heartbeat (139 bpm) and knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel:)

2 comments:

  1. You are so, so close! I keep thinking the next post will be your birth announcement post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First and foremost, congrats on your pregnancy!

    I found your blog through the list of PCOS blogs on Stirrup Queens. I honestly clicked on it mostly because of the cute name, but I immediately noticed you had entries tagged for Kansas City and K-State. I, too, went to undergrad at K-State! I graduated in 2000. I now live in Lawrence with my husband. I know! :p We came here for me to go to KU Law and never left, but actually really love the town.

    It's always such a small world. Sending you blessings and best wishes during these last weeks of your pregnancy, delivery and first moments with your baby.

    ReplyDelete

Quote