Wednesday, May 16, 2012

37 weeks

We had an ultrasound yesterday at our 37 week appt b/c I was measuring large last week.  Brett is measuring at 40 weeks (8 lbs).  Dr. Duff was running behind b/c she had delivered a baby so Emar couldn't stay for the appt.  Well, she came in and said she was going to check my cervix and strip my membranes so I don't end up with a 9 or 10 lb baby.  I have heard horror stories about the stripping- how it's painful but honestly, it wasn't "that bad."  My SIL went into labor within 24 hours of having hers stripped.  Dr. Duff said that she didn't think it would work this week but next week she would do it again and thinks I will be having a baby next week.  We shall see:)  I am hoping to get through this weekend (Saturday at least) b/c I am in charge of our 10 year anniversary/company picnic.  Oh and I am 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. 


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 37weeks 3 days

Size of baby: Brett is the size of  a large watermelon;  19-22  inches long and weighs 6 1/2 pounds! Ultrasound sound says 8 lbs. 

Weight Gain/Loss:  Up 19 lbs total (1st trimester= 1 lb; 2nd trimester = 6 lbs; 3rd trimester= 12 lbs)

Maternity Clothes: Definitely! 

Gender: The Chinese Calendar was right- it's a BOY! Brett James Marcol

Movement:  He is not moving as much as he was before b/c he is out of room- however his kicks are a lot more forceful.    I am feeling more "down there"  like flutters and then sometimes where I feel like he is nestling into my pelvic bone. 

Sleep: Been good-wake up every 2 hours or so to pee.  I wish my body would sleep more though:(  Internal Brett alarm clock sucks. Been waking up at 4ish (when Emar gets up) and 6... when I don't have to be up until 7! It's getting harder to get in and out of bed. 

What I miss: my memory

Cravings:  I haven't had any cravings lately.  I have to monitor how much I eat as I still have reflux which makes me cough. I can go for ice cream or frozen custard any time:) 

Symptoms:   peeing,  lots of stretch marks on my belly - stopped counting.  My acid reflux has gotten out of control.  I am also experiencing back pain. A new one- a hemorrhoid:(  I shall name him Ernie. I think he has a friend who I shall name Bert.  I am getting a sharp pain under my right breast.  It feels like someone is stabbing me at times.  I will be asking the doc on Tuesday about it.  It takes my breath away.  I believe it is some organ that is being pushed up and there is no room for it.
Update:  Doc thinks its everything being pushed up in my rib area.  Could be a gallbladder issue but she didn't seem concerned.  As Emar says, tough it out- 2 1/2 more weeks:) 

Best Moment this week: Seeing Brett, hearing his heartbeat (156 bpm) and knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote