Monday, April 30, 2012

34 weeks

This past week, April 22nd, I had my 3rd and final shower.  It was hosted by a friend at work for work friends.  We were totally blessed with so much stuff!!! 

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 34 weeks (technically as of yesterday I am 35 but I forgot to post)

Size of baby: Brett is the size of  a cantaloupe  20  inches long and weighs 5 pounds!

Weight Gain/Loss:  Up 15 lbs total (1st trimester= 1 lb; 2nd trimester = 6 lbs; 3rd trimester= 8 lbs)

Maternity Clothes: Definitely! 

Gender: The Chinese Calendar was right- it's a BOY! Brett James Marcol

Movement:  Movement has changed quite a bit in the last week or two.  No more kicks, more like shifts in his body.  I can feel his foot protruding out my stomach.  


Sleep: Been good-wake up every 2 hours or so to pee.  I wish my body would sleep more though:(  Internal Brett alarm clock sucks. Waking up with calf cramps occasionally. 

What I miss: my memory

Cravings:  Nothing in particular. 

Symptoms:   peeing,  lots of stretch marks on my belly - stopped counting.  My acid reflux has gotten out of control. The tightness in my belly I have concluded is Braxton Hicks contractions. I am also experience back pain. A new one- a hemorrhoid:(  I shall name him Ernie.  I am getting a dull pain under my right breast.  I believe it is some organ that is being pushed up and there is no room for it. Well now the dull pain has turned into an excruciating sharp pain- it feels like someone is stabbing me.  It takes my breath away at times.  Google tells me it is common according to other moms but no common reason it happens. 

Best Moment this week: Dr. appt on Tuesday 4/24- heard Brett's heartbeat again! and of course my work shower.   We also finished up our birthing/parenting classes 

1 comment:

  1. Can you sometimes see a foot poking out? I remember a few occasions were I saw a distinct foot! It was so cool knowing in just a few short weeks I would be holding that foot in my hand. I still think about that when I'm holding Chloe's foot while she's eating, or sitting in my lap. I hope the pain goes away, that does not sound fun at all.

    ReplyDelete

Quote