Saw Dr. Duff today. I am measuring right on track. I am 32 weeks and my fundus is measuring 32 inches. I gained 2 more pounds- up 14 total. I have been coughing the past month and taking approved otc meds. I asked Dr. Duff today about it and since it happens after I eat, she concluded it's more side effects of acid reflux. Gosh- I can't win! Now I have to spread my meals from 3 to 6.
Not looking forward to the next 3 days. Emar is going on a work trip and I will be a single mom to Maggie (our dog). As my niece Kate would say "only 2 more night nights."
Emar and I spent all day Saturday at our "Prepared Childbirth" class. LOTS of information. Definitely more scared of the labor pains and the epidural and epesiotomy. I knew what all of them are but seeing real life videos and the visuals really makes it a reality. I left there saying "What the hell did I get myself into?" (sarcasm of course).
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 32 weeks 2 days
Size of baby: Brett is the size of a honeydew melon; 19.5 inches long and weighs 4.5 pounds!; 150 bpm
Weight Gain/Loss: Up 14 lbs total (1st trimester= 1 lb; 2nd trimester = 6 lbs; 3rd trimester= 7 lbs)
Maternity Clothes: Definitely!
Gender: The Chinese Calendar was right- it's a BOY! Brett James Marcol
Movement: He moves around a lot but it isn't the toe tapping like it was last month. It's funny to see something I have resting on my belly move.
Sleep: Been good-wake up every 2 hours or so to pee. I wish my body would sleep more though:( Internal Brett alarm clock sucks
What I miss: my memory
Cravings: Tums and anything that won't give me heartburn (which seems about everything;( ).
Symptoms: peeing, lots of stretch marks on my belly - stopped counting. My acid reflux has gotten out of control. The tightness in my belly I have concluded is Braxton Hicks contractions. I am also experience back pain.
Best Moment this week: Hearing Brett's heartbeat again today and looking forward to my next shower on Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment