So I am starting to freak out a little, in approx 12 1/2 weeks, we will be bringing home a little boy. A little boy we will call Brett James Marcol. We had been toying with about 5 or 6 names for the last month and half. I mentioned to Emar the other day that we need to decide so we can finish his room and start calling him by his name. It is so funny to see my husband fist bump my stomach , yet so sweet to see him talk to him. So the last week of February, we each picked 2 names that we liked from our list Emar picked Brett and Burke. I picked Brett and Max. Well on Thursday, 3/1, I told Emar that we REALLY needed to decide b/c our first shower is March 31st and we would miss out on some great personalized gifts. Friday morning, Emar said "how about Brett." I was sold. James is a name from both sides of the family so that we had picked out when we first started TTC forever ago.
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 27 weeks 3 days
Size of baby: Brett is the size of a head of cauliflower, 16 inches long and weighs 2.5 pounds!
Weight Gain/Loss: Up 7lbs total (1st trimester= 1 lb; 2nd trimester = 6 lbs)
Maternity Clothes: Definitely! Found my Bella Band- so thankful!
Gender: The Chinese Calendar was right- it's a BOY! Brett James Marcol
Movement: I am feeling Brett ALL.THE.TIME. now. Sometimes I get nervous when I can't remember the last time I felt him; although I think I don't remember b/c it happens more consistently.
Sleep: Been good- still wake up 2-3 times to pee. I wish my body would sleep more though:( Internal Brett alarm clock sucks
What I miss: my memory
Cravings: Tums and anything that won't give me heartburn (which seems about everything;( ).
Symptoms: peeing,
2 s 6 stretch marks on my belly (look like varicose veins). My acid reflux has gotten out of control. Dr. Duff upped my prescription meds. I am still eating at least 6 tums a day and wake up occasionally 'choking' from the acid.
Best Moment this week: Finalizing a name, getting the baby bedding in the mail and feeling Brett move. It gives me a peace of mind.
Brett! I love it! I'm so excited for you, Bethany!
ReplyDeleteLOVE LOVE the name!! How exciting that your showers are coming up, this boy is gonna get some good stuff and see how loved he is! The acid reflux sucks...I had that also, basically had to sleep sitting up, but the good thing is it's gone as soon as babe gets here! :)
ReplyDeleteBrett is a great name!! congrats on hitting the final lap
ReplyDelete