So yesterday we had our 30 week appointment with Dr. Duff. Everything went well- normal heart rate, measurements, minimal weight gain. Dr. Duff explained that over the next 4 weeks, Brett won't be moving as much as he nestles in birthing position and is running out of room as he grows. For the past 4 weeks or so, he has been using my uterus as a punching bag and kick ball.
I didn't expect such a drastic change in one day. Today I woke up and he wasn't kicking like normal. I took my time getting ready for work and then laid down for about 5-10 minutes to see if he would start his routine kicking match. Nope, nada. Throughout the day it was on my mind that he hadn't moved but maybe 10 times the whole day. I called the nurse about 4:30pm (on my to get my hair done). She told me to eat something and drink something with calories and lay on my left side for 45 minutes. I drank a real Coke and ate a granola bar (couldn't find a comfy spot at the salon to lay down:)). For the hour I was getting my hair done, I didn't feel a change. Emar met me at Labor & Delivery (where the nurse told me to go if nothing changed). They were so nice and helpful. They did a non-stress test on baby Brett. He was perfectly fine. I would have gotten no sleep tonight if we hadn't gone. I am glad we went even though everything is perfectly fine. That little booger started moving around a lot when we were there!
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 30 weeks 3 days
Size of baby: Brett is the size of a head of lettuce; 18 inches long and weighs 3.2 pounds! 135 bpm
Weight Gain/Loss: Up 12 lbs total (1st trimester= 1 lb; 2nd trimester = 6 lbs; 3rd trimester= 5 lbs)
Maternity Clothes: Definitely!
Gender: The Chinese Calendar was right- it's a BOY! Brett James Marcol
Movement: See above
Sleep: Been good-wake up every 2 hours or so to pee. I wish my body would sleep more though:( Internal Brett alarm clock sucks
What I miss: my memory
Cravings: Tums and anything that won't give me heartburn (which seems about everything;( ).
Symptoms: peeing, lots of stretch marks on my belly - stopped counting. My acid reflux has gotten out of control. I am still eating at least 6 tums a day and wake up occasionally 'choking' from the acid.
Best Moment this week: Hearing Brett's heartbeat again!
I bet that did make you panic a little bit! I think getting it checked out and having peace of mind is so much better than making yourself worry over potentially nothing. I am amazed by your (lack) of weight gain!!
ReplyDelete