Last weekend Emar and I went to Kansas City. We are truly blessed by our family and friends. My sister in law and brother gave us their crib, glider and changing table/dresser combo. On top of that, they gave us toys, books, 2 bouncy seats, a bumbo, play mat, blankets, shoes, activity table, and clothes 0-12 months! My bff was so kind and gave me all of her maternity clothes, baby clothes 0-3 months, shoes, pads (ha!), and books. I know I am forgetting stuff but oh.my.gosh! I am so overwhelmed by their generosity and graciousness! I can't thank them enough. I seriously don't need ANY CLOTHES 0-12 months. I have NO WHERE to put them and JMar will never wear all that he has. I will post pics of the nursery progress as I get more organized. I am washing all of his clothes in Dreft. I have done about 8 loads and I am only done with 0-6 months. We bought a bunch of storage bins to organize everything but I think we will need to go buy more! We got home on Sunday afternoon. My in laws came over and helped us unload and Emar and my FIL put the crib together. All I could say was "Holy Shit, there is baby furniture in my house!"
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 22 weeks 4 days
Size of baby: JMar is the size of Papaya this week and weighs 1.2 pounds!
Weight Gain/Loss: Up 9lbs total (1st trimester= 1 lb; 2nd trimester = 9 lbs)
Maternity Clothes: YES PLEASE!
Gender: The Chinese Calendar was right- it's a BOY! Still no name. We really like the B names. We have it "narrowed" down to about 5.
Movement: I am feeling JMar very often now. I feel like he is more active when I eat or right after and in the morning/evening. I can't wait for the time when Emar can feel the movement!
Sleep: Been pretty good. Still waking up every few hours to go pee. Just getting me ready for nightly feedings:) I have been waking up in the morning before my alarm goes off- I have never had an internal alarm clock! Also, I have been waking up on my tummy and I feel horrible. I told Emar if he wakes up and sees me on my tummy to wake me up to roll over.
What I miss: my memory
Cravings: food- I eat all the dang time now- Schlotzkys sandwiches and milk
.
Symptoms: peeing, heartburn ,
2 s 6 stretch marks on my belly (look like varicose veins)
Best Moment this week: Constantly feeling JMar move in my belly and nursery coming together
Ahh, I would have loved to meet you while you were in KC! Maybe next time, and maybe then the babe will be with you! Don't you just love the smell of Dreft?
ReplyDeleteFirst, let me start by saying your background is sooo stinking adorable! Yo always manage to find cute backgrounds!
ReplyDeleteHooray for getting stocked up on baby clothes! Over the last two years I have secretly bought baby items and stashed them in my closet. I can't wait to use them one day!
I can't wait to see pictures of the baby's room! I LOVE baby things. :)