Friday, February 17, 2012

24 weeks = viability

I am sure every woman has worries during her pregnancy but I feel like as an IF alumni, we take it to the next level.  Once we have reached the 24th week, all we think about is viability.  It doesn't mean that we are 100% safe but it does mean that our baby has a chance at life if I were to go into preterm labor. Thank you Jesus for getting me this far!


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 24 weeks 5 days

Size of baby: JMar is the size of a small eggplant, 9 inches long and weighs 1 1/2 pounds!

Weight Gain/Loss:  Up 7lbs total (1st trimester= 1 lb; 2nd trimester = 5 lbs)- yes, don't ask me how I lost 2 pounds!  Dr. Duff wasn't worried unless I was throwing up, which I am not.

Maternity Clothes: Definitely!  I can't find my Bella Band which I love!!
Gender: The Chinese Calendar was right- it's a BOY! Still no name.  We really like the B names.  We have it "narrowed" down to about 5. 

Movement:  I am feeling JMar very often now.  He is very active now!  In fact, Emar got to feel him the other night.  It was awesome! 
Sleep: Been good- still wake up 2-3 times to pee.  I wish my body would sleep more though:(  Internal Jmar alarm clock sucks
What I miss: my memory

Cravings:  I ate 3 pickles tonight and now making brownies
. 
Symptoms:   peeing, heartburn , 2 s 6 stretch marks on my belly (look like varicose veins)

Best Moment this week: Emar feeling Jmar kick and hearing Jmar's heartbeat again! 138 bpm

1 comment:

  1. 7 lbs, dang girl that's awesome! Congrats on reaching viability!

    ReplyDelete

Quote