Tuesday, December 20, 2011

16 weeks

I am excited for the Christmas holiday and getting to see all the family.  I will say I am Christmas Partied out.  I work for a company that has multiple properties (hotels and apartments) and everyone has their own.  I have been to 4 so far and I have 1 to go.  Thank God.  Today we did Dirty Santa at one party.  I ended up with a summer sausage gift pack- which works out great for Christmas Eve.  We are hosting at our house for Emar's family and doing appetizers/finger foods.  My family comes in on Christmas afternoon.  We will open gifts and then have a big dinner on Monday.  The second party I went to today was for the apartments.  We had secret Santa's.  The college age guy that had me is hilarious.  He is always making me laugh.  The first gift I opened was Yankee tea light candles, 2nd- was aloe moisturizing gloves --- both very nice and thoughtful.  The 3rd part of my gift was a cheesemaking kit.  I know, totally random, hilarious, and weird.  It was funny b/c I was saying at the previous party, that I needed cheese with my summer sausage.  Although, the thought of making cheese in the microwave in 30 minutes kind of creeps me out.

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 16 Weeks- had an appt today- heartbeat was 146 bpm.  Jmar was moving around so much (we could hear it) that it took her a while to get a steady "snapshot" 

Size of baby: JMar is the size of a avocado this week and weighs 3 1/2ounces, about 4 1/2 inches long

Weight Gain/Loss: Don't want to talk about it:)  But I will be honest.  I hit 200 for the first time in my life.  It is a milestone that I never wanted to see.  At least it's for a good reason.  I gained 1 lb in the first trimester and in 4 weeks, have gained 7.  Obviously, I have begun eating normal again. 
Maternity Clothes: I NEED to go shopping!!  My pants are snug!!
Gender: Will find out at our  20 week u/s on January 16th; Emar is hoping/thinking boy and I am hoping/thinking girl- I think it's because we don't know what to do with the other sex-- end result is we want a healthy baby

Movement: Should be feeling some soon, they say between 16-22 weeks. 
Sleep: Sleep is good- I fall asleep on my side and wake up on my tummy every morning. I wonder how long I will be able to do that.

What I miss:  not peeing every 20 minutes

Cravings:  sushi.  My friend introduced me to a great lunch special. Don't worry, I limit to one time a week and it's all low mercury and cooked fish

Symptoms:  bloating, peeing, sinus pressure/headaches (I thought I was sick and then read how it is very common)
Best Moment this week: Hearing Jmar's heartbeat again!

3 comments:

  1. Eww, microwave cheese in 30 min? That does sound a bit off. Glad to hear you are truckin along and feeling good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gross. Microwaveable cheese. yuck! I LOVE summer sausage! Way to make me want some RIGHT NOW! :( *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I would never use the cheese making kit. Ich! But congrats on another great ultrasound!

    Don't delay on the pants! They are so darn comfy...

    ReplyDelete

Quote