Thursday, December 8, 2011

14 weeks and Therapy

Not much going on for me lately except that I am an emotional mess.  I cry over anything and everything and it's been hard to work and have fun.  I had to go off my anti-depressants when I got pregnant.  I only take 2 doses a week (tried to go off 2 years ago when we started trying and realized my patience level was slim).  I didn't think it would effect me like it has on top of normal hormonal emotional chaos being prego.  Well, it has and I called and got a referral to a therapist.  I saw her for the first time last Friday and I have my 2nd appointment tomorrow.  My first appt went really well and I think this will really help.  I got a lot of things off my chest at my first appointment.  She came to the conclusion (and I believe she was spot on) that I need help controlling that I feel I have responsibility in things that are out of my control.  Reflecting back on some of the things we discussed, I completely agree with her.  Unfortunately she is out of my network - $110/session will add up but I won't probably have to go weekly forever.  I like her too much to switch.  I got a referral from my OBGYN office and didn't even care at the moment - I just needed someone I was going to like. 

Now on for the fun stuff:)

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 14 Weeks

Size of baby: JMar is the size of a lemon this week and weighs 1 1/2 ounces, about 3 1/2 inches long

Weight Gain/Loss: Won't weigh in until next appt on December 20th

Maternity Clothes: hit or miss.  I am having to start doing the rubberband trick on my pants

Gender: Will find out at our  20 week u/s on January 16th; Emar is hoping/thinking boy and I am hoping/thinking girl- I think it's because we don't know what to do with the other sex-- end result is we want a healthy baby

Movement: Not feeling any movement yet

Sleep: Sleep is fine- I wouldn't mind more:)  I loved sleep even before pregnancy

What I miss:  nothing- have had a great week!
Cravings: Coke (haven't drank real coke since high school)

Symptoms:  bloating
Best Moment this week: Emar getting home from Chicago- he, my dad, and brother went for the Chief's vs Bears game .  Emar is a HUGE Bears fan and never been to a game.  I am a Chief's girl and they won! Sorry babe!

5 comments:

  1. Reading this post made me so happy. I love lemons:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to hear about the depression, I wasn't on any medication and suffered from it for a while and just dealt with it on my own, now that I'm pregnant it's pretty wild how the hormones kick it up a notch. Just be strong and remember you are not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. 14 weeks already!?! How crazy! I definitely need to see a counselor, but I just don't know who to go to, and frankly--i can't afford it. I can't wait to find about what JMar is! Com on Jan 16!

    Also, I'm following you now with my new blog...So, care to follow me back again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 2nd TriMester! I miss being pregnant more than I ever thought I would. I LOVE reading the updates from you!

    ReplyDelete

Quote