Monday, November 7, 2011

10 Weeks





Well today was our 10 week appt with the regular OBGYN.  We finally got to meet her and good news is I love her!

We had our 2nd U/S and we saw all 4 limbs and the heartbeat going strong at 153.  The tech also mentioned that he/she who we will call JMar (for Junior) still has a little tail.  I am not going to lie, it kind of creeps me out.  I can't wait till it's gone :)

Pregnancy Highlights:


How Far Along: 10 Weeks

Size of baby: JMar is the size of a kumquat (whatever that is!), a little over an inch

Total Weight Gain/Loss: no gain so far

Maternity Clothes: I got a few hand me downs from some friends and I bought one pair of jeans and a few shirts for my girls trip to FL last week- I couldn't bare spending money on new jeans that I would wear for one more month

Gender: Made the appt today for our 20 week u/s on January 16th

Movement: Not feeling any movement yet

Sleep: Sleep is fine.  I need to start using a pillow between my legs as I am starting to get some lower back pain

What I miss: Energy and eating normal.

Cravings: Whatever sounds good at the moment. Bland foods- crackers, Goldfish (original flavor), bananas, Tums, and milk.  Tonight was pretzels and french onion dip- I am branching out

Symptoms: Feeling nauseous throughout the day and night time.  Lower back pain, and tired all the time. 

Best Moment this week: Getting to hear the baby’s heartbeat again today!

7 comments:

  1. glad things are going well. i too have been eating TONS of original goldfish crackers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are doing well!! :D how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is very exciting!!! Glad all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet!!! I love this post!!! Your first progress and symptoms post!!! :) I'm so glad you got to hear your baby's heartbeat again! I hear you completely on the pretzels. I asked Mech to get me sourdough pretzels and they really help cut through the nausea when it gets really strong. Looking forward to your updates!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so beyond excited for you and kinda jealous, too. Just a year ago I was going through this excitement and I loved it. I'd do it over and over if I were rich! :)
    have you worn any of the clothes I gave you?

    btw, can I always call your baby Jmar? I can't think of a better suited name ever.

    I can't wait for you to feel the kicks. It was my favorite thing, hands down. enjoy every second, MAMA!!!LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!!! I am 2 weeks behind you at 8 weeks.
    I'm glad you found a nice ob/gyn. Still have to look for one for us when the fertility clinic kicks us out at the 12 week mark. surviveandthrive.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! How exciting! I loved lemon candy and tart cranberry juice during my first pregnancy. I too have PCOS and we were able to conceive after finding the right combinations of medications. We now have two beautiful girls!

    ReplyDelete

Quote