Saturday, October 15, 2011

HFS!!!

10/5/11- 8:25pm

So I will be brutaly honest and tell you that the sex life hasn't been that exciting the last couple of months.  It is all me.  I know it's all because of the infertility shit that I deal with and don't want to set myself up for disappointment.  So needless to say, BDing is few and far between.  Poor Emar. 

A few weeks ago we went to Eureka Springs and had a fun spontaneous love shack session.  Well, I guess the old saying "It only takes one time" was true. 

I saw my first two lines on a pregnancy test tonight (10/5/11). 
_____________________

I don't have many PMS symptoms.  I noticed last week my boobs hurt really bad and I would feel twinges in my lower abdomen.  The thought of pregnancy did cross my mind but the chances were VERY slim.  I decided tonight that I would take a HPT and see.  Well I went to check to see the usual disappointment and there were 2 lines!!! Holy Fucking Shit!!! 

I quit counting my cycle days months ago.  I think I got my last period on September 1st but I am not 100% sure.  If that is the case, we conceived on CD9.  Doesn't that seem a little early? 

I texted a picture of one of the HPT to Emar (he is out of town for work).  In the meantime, I called him to ask how his day was.  I asked him if he received the text and he looked at it and said "What does that mean?"  Apparently he doesn't know what a pregnancy test looks like:)

I want to get excited but I am in shock.  A good word to express how I feel is Numb.  I want to tell the world but Emar won't even let me tell you or family yet.  He doesn't trust the HPT (any of the 3 I took) and wants me to call a dr. tomorrow- um yeah, I need to find one first. 

My parents are coming to visit on Saturday so we have planned to have dinner with his parents and mine and reveal to them that we are going to have a baby.  My EDD (via google) is June 7th based off the question mark first day of last period.

_____
Update: 
I went to get a beta last Thursday- it was a healthy 14,462

Ultrasound yesterday- I am measuring 6 weeks 6 days today.  We even heard the heartbeat at 119 bpm. 
June 3rd is our due date.  We are excited, scared, numb. 

15 comments:

  1. Omg that sounds a lot like my story. I gave up and didn't chart or anything and got pregnant. Hubby didn't understand the pregnancy test either and wanted me to go to the doctor to confirm. I was 6 weeks! I'm so happy for you!!! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!!! OH I AM SO HAPPY HAPPY for you:) CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HFS is right! Congratulations! Enjoy every second :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!! YOU'RE PREGNANT... can I tell my neighbor now?!?!? xoxox0

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are due date buddies! My official due date is June 3rd, except with trips, the goal is to make it to 32 weeks. But still... we are the same day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! How did I miss this?!?!?!? Ok, this was actually my brother's wedding day, which is probably why I missed it. :(

    YAY YAY YAY!!! Congratulations!!!! I'm one month behind you!!! So exciting!!! :) How are you feeling, Mama?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did the reveal to the parentals go? Were they SUPER excited!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's wonderful! Congratulations (new follower here, but so happy for you1!!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Just saw your wonderful news on LFCA and to come over to say hi! Sooooooo happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How amazing that this happened, and the timing just before you were going to see a specialist! I went to the group you made your appointment with and loved them, but I hope you will never have a need to go in the future. Thanks for your comment on my blog, and I'm glad you stopped in the c-store! You'll definitely have to get some BBQ next time. Can't wait to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete

Quote