Apparently I missed my 1 year Blogoversary on November 16th. LFCA reminded me of it in their last post and to be honest, the 16th passed on by:) Thank you to all my followers and fellow IF friends who have supported me through this past year of hell and happiness.
I am not sure if I have told you all before- but I am actively involved in the American Cancer Society Relay For Life. In fact, that's how I met my friend, Jenn and she has been with me since the beginning of my IF journey. Anyways, the past two years I have been the co-chair of the event. We have 2 year terms and this year I volunteered to be the Kick Off chair. Well, it was last Thursday. It turned out great- decor was great (thanks Jenn), the band showed up and the food arrived on time! What more can you ask for?! The day before the event, I got a call from Emar. My father in law was diagnosed with prostate cancer. It just reiterates why I am involved in this organization and why I raise money- to help patients like my father in law. If you have a loved one that has been diagnosed with cancer and are feeling lost or need resources, please have them call 1-800-227-2345 or visit www.cancer.org.
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 12 Weeks
Size of baby: JMar is the size of a lime this week
Total Weight Gain/Loss: got on the scale this week, up 2lbs- not sure if it's baby though- could be the fact I haven't gone to the bathroom in over a week (I know, TMI but you lose modesty when you are pregnant!)
Maternity Clothes: some, need to buy jeans but it's exhausting trying on pants:(
Gender: Will find out at our 20 week u/s on January 16th; Emar is hoping/thinking boy and I am hoping/thinking girl- I think it's because we don't know what to do with the other sex-- end result is we want a healthy baby
Movement: Not feeling any movement yet
Sleep: Sleep is fine. I take a Zofran and a Unisom before I go to bed so I sleep like a baby (no pun intended)
What I miss: Energy and eating normal.
Cravings: Still kind of on the bland diet but some of my multiple cravings: milk, popcorn, cereal, oreos
Symptoms: still feeling nauseous throughout the day and night time. Lower back pain, and tired all the time. Tuesday of last week, I woke up with extreme gas pains in my lower abdomen. It went on for 3 hours. I finally had Emar call the on-call doc. He suggested a suppository (which we didn't have but Emar offered to go get- I declined) and to take a bath. The bath about put me to sleep for 2 more hours and I was able to go to the bathroom when I woke up- thank God (I know, TMI again)
Best Moment this week: not throwing up since last Tuesday AM.
No comments:
Post a Comment