To IUI #2
Before I begin, I want to shout out to my friend Baby Hopes as she is testing (soon!) to see if her IVF#1 worked! Go give her well wishes!
On Monday, I was able to get in with Dr. S. My baseline was good and we are starting on IUI #2. This time I am taking Tamoxifen for 5 days (instead of Clomid) and 2 shots of Bravelle. If you have never heard of Tamoxifen, it is an interesting treatment b/c it is normally used for women after breast cancer treatments. I go in next Tuesday for an ultrasound to see how these follicles are growing! Grow baby grow!!!
I have been seeing an acupuncturist (Geoff) for a few weeks. I have mixed emotions with it. I really want to give it a try but I don't want to let go of Dr. S either. I told Geoff that I got the green light to start our next IUI and he mentioned that he will give me treatments in correlation to the IUI. He mentioned he hopes that this IUI works but if it doesn't that he thinks I should take some time off of the Western medicine and focus on the Eastern medicine to get everything in line with my cycle. I am torn. I want to try everything in my right mind to be a mother so why not mix both worlds right? I know I have told Geoff that I wanted to do them together but I can sense his apprehension towards the drugs and I can also sense Dr S apprehension towards Basal Temperature charting. Why can't everybody just get along? :)
Awww! Thank you so much for the shout out - so sweet! Congratulations for being underway with IUI #2!!! Hoping and praying that this one is it!!! I completely understand with the desire for everyone to just get along. I would absolutely stick with what you're wanting to do in combining Eastern with Western medicine. I'm combining both right now, too, and I'm finding them both very much in sync. I've heard the meds can mess with BBT, but I don't really know... I've never been able to do reliable BBTing. Wishing you the very best of luck!!!
ReplyDeleteI sure hope that IUI #2 is the last one you have to go through! I'm with you. I think you should have both worlds! It would seem logical to me that you are allowed to do both! As far as your comment on my post, I want to use the $$ from our savings, but Luke finds it "irresponsible" to do so because that money is for a car. My family is ticked because he's placing inanimate objects before the health of his wife. :( Talk about torn!
ReplyDeleteI have used Tamoxifen and responed very well with it. Good Luck and sending you loads of baby dust!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with IUI#2!! And I think that the combo of acupuncture with meds/IUI can be a really good thing and has definitely worked for a lot of people. I've been temping since we started TTC last year and I'm hooked. I love seeing the temp rise to confirm that I O'd, but then I am definitely crushed every month when my temp drops. Good luck again and I'll be following along!!
ReplyDeleteI am new to your blog and see that you are doing acupuncture. It is amazing the difference of opinions. The first few I 'interviewed' encouraged me to avoid western medicine and only proceed with them. I/we were not comfortable with this and found a younger woman that was much more neutral and understanding what I wanted. She would have liked me to do the same, however stated eastern med was a great support for western treatments. So, she is whom I have been with for almost 2 years.
ReplyDeleteI too took Tamoxifen for many months. It is much more gentle than Clomid and gave me clock-work 28 day cycles.
Sending you well wishes!
I was told by my RE in Kansas City that Tamixifen sometimes workes better then clomid for PCOS, and doesn't have nearly the side affects.
ReplyDelete