Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

So on Saturday, AF arrived.  I started crying and crying and crying.  This was the first moment that IF really hit me like this!  Emar was very supportive, trying to say the "right" things but I just wanted to cry and not talk about it. 

On Mother's Day, we had planned on taking my MIL to Red Lobster (her fav) for lunch.  Unfortunately, we got an email from the in laws bright and early Sunday saying that my FIL was going to the hospital- that his ankles were swollen like bowling balls.    Emar and I skipped church and went to be with his parents.  They ran a bunch of tests and found an old blood clot in his leg (treating with blood thinner) and cellulitis (treating with antibiotics).  Poor MIL and her kids had lunch at the cafeteria- she had to miss her Red Lobster meal (she took a rain check!)  She was just as happy though, b/c she still got to have lunch with her kids.

So to sum it up, my Mother's Day sucked-
                    1.  FIL in hospital
                    2.  Aunt Flo showing up, another year not being a mom
                    3. Not seeing my mom

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for such a rough Mother's Day. :( Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a horrible Mother's Day. Here's hoping that next year is MUCH better!!

    ReplyDelete

Quote