Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Appointment #1

In October, Emar was had a semen analysis. My obgyn office called to tell me that his levels were below the "normal" low on the scale.  Dr. W recommended we go see Dr. S (an infertility dr.).  We made our appointment and ironically the first opening was on our wedding anniversary.  What a way to spend our special day- ha! 

We went to our appointment last week with Dr. S.  He looked over Emar's analysis and completely disagreed with Dr. W office.  Dr. W office uses a local sample, not necessarily fertile men.  Dr. S compared Emar's sample with the World Health Organization standards and he passed with flying colors! Yeah!!!  Except, now it's me. 

Dr. S isn’t convinced I am ovulating regularly.  I have been off the pill for the past 3 years but used other forms of contraception.  This last year, some periods have been 28 days to one month, I completely skipped my period- which I have NEVER done in the past 18 years of having my period.

Next step, after my next period, I will have a dye test called a Hysterosalpingogram.  It checks to see if my fallopian tubes are open. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote