So today was a great Turkey Day in our family, short and sweet. We usually meet at my parents house in Arkansas but it worked better this year to meet here in Springfield b/c I am the 1/2 way point for my parents in Arkansas and my brother and his family in Kansas City. We aren't celebrating until Saturday though b/c my brother and my dad have to work tomorrow. Anyways, we got to spend today with Emar's family. Emar comes from a family with one brother and one sister. Unfortunately, his sister went to her inlaws. We headed their way after a relaxing morning with a catered pumpkin bread breakfast (made by my #1 and only follower, Jenn:)). My husband is so good to me. It was slightly warmed with a dab of butter and a glass of milk. He even let me sleep in until 10am... but he EVEN DVR'd the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!!! I love him!
When we got to my inlaws, I didn't see Emar's brother, crazy sister in law or the kids, just my mil and fil. I have to say that I am so blessed to have such great inlaws. They are awesome and treat me like I am one of their own. We have enjoyed two extended weekend trips with them over the past two months. I hear all the horror stories of inlaws and I am the complete opposite. So, back to when we got to their house. I guess my mil pissed off my sister in law by taking the kids out to see the snow. For GOD sake, they live in Florida and never see snow. Apparently, my sister in law wanted to go out with them and she was too busy playing one of her "online games" - yes, her and my brother in law are gamers, which I do not understand. I was proud of my mil for telling her that she is always on the computer. I whispered to my mil, "I'm your favorite?" She couldn't get the grin off her face after she said "yes!" lol
We stuffed our faces- why are there so many carbs in the thanksgiving feast? Complex carbohydrates are my worst enemy and go stright to my a$$. Honestly, I couldn't be happier that we left at 5:45pm.... 4 1/2 hours is enough listening to my brother/sister in law parenting from the couch and yelling at their children for doing NOTHING. I really feel bad for those kids. I haven't seen our niece and nephew in over 1 1/2 years, wow, they grow so fast!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment