Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Brett- 2 months old!




Again, where has the time gone?  2 months old already!!   This past month has been a joy.  You are recognizing your mommy and daddy and developing a cute little personality.  It's fun to watch you analyze the room, talk to your toys and smile at us.  How I am excited to see you grow, I am sad as I started work today.  I have enjoyed the 9 weeks home with you and I am sure I will make it but I wish I could stay with you little one.   
      


Sleep:   You are sleeping approximately 4-5 hours at night, waking up once around 3ish.  Daddy is taking the 6am feeding via bottle so I can sleep in until around 8/9am. This past weekend, you slept through the night 2 days in a row!!!   You aren't making as many grunting noises.  Thank God!    You sleep so much better when you are swaddled.  Your naps are hit or miss.  I try to keep you on the eat/play/sleep schedule according to Babywise.  You want to fall asleep in my arms and if I lay you down in the swing, crib, pack and play, you wake up.  Occasionally, you will sleep on the couch if I lay you down.  I definitely get longer naps (1 1/2- 2 hours) if you are in my arms but Mommy can't get anything done but updating her Facebook.  It's funny because we can lay you down awake to go to sleep at night and you will fall asleep yourself.  But oh no, not during the day!

Daily Routine: We primarily stick to the eat, play, sleep routine.  You normally wake up with Daddy around 6ish and eat.  You then go back down until around 8:30am or 9am.  At that time, I nurse you and then we get dressed for the day.  You spend time in mommy's arms, swing (not so much a fan anymore:( ), look at your mobile, play on your play mat, and read books.  Occasionally, we run errands or have appointments.  The mall is our favorite place because we can get out and walk around in the air conditioning.  It is WAY too hot to take walks outside.  I swear it has been at least 100 degrees since you were born. 

Feed: You are primarily breastfed.  Daddy feeds you one bottle (breast milk) a day.  If we are out and about, you might get another bottle of formula or breast milk.  The formula is usually when we are in a public place.  Mommy isn't 100% comfortable feeding you in public yet as we are still adjusting to positioning and latch.  I think mommy is much more nervous than she should be.  I did feed you at the JC Penny homestore furniture section.  I plopped on one of the couches.  You feed about every 3 hours during the day.  I try to stay on that schedule during the day so we can plan things.  At night, we don't wake to feed you anymore.  We just started feeding you 4 oz. when you get a bottle. 

Weight:  
birth:  8 lbs 9 oz
now: 12 lbs 5 oz

Length:
birth:  21 inches
now: 22 3/4 inches


Diaper Size : Have been in size 1 diapers since 3 weeks old.   We prefer Pampers or Luvs.  Huggies didn't keep your poop in very well. 


Clothes Size:  You are starting to grow out of your 0-3 clothes and are starting to wear some 3-6 month clothes.  We went through all your clothes for 3-6 last weekend.  I think you are going to be out of season for cousin Joe's clothes.  It's too bad because I got him some REALLY cute clothes from Gymboree.  Maybe since we had such a HOT summer, we will get an early fall.  Crossing fingers:)

 
Hair Color:  You were born with dark (almost black) hair.  It is starting to lighten.  Grandma thinks it's going to turn blonde soon like Mommy and Daddy.  Your hair is starting to recede

Eye color:
At birth: blue/gray; hasn't changed
Now:  blue

Funniest moment: Besides your gassiness:)  We swaddle you at night and you like to have one arm out so I let you one night and this is what Daddy found when he went to bed. 
Also, July 4th, you decided you wanted your 1st beer, Mommy's favorite Bud Light Lime



Milestone: We are working on some tummy time right now and you have very good head/neck control.  Not 100% but making great progress.  You immediately calm down from fussing when you are done playing with something when mommy or daddy come to the rescue.  You have your hands open majority of the time.  You are starting to play with your toys on the play mat intentionally.  You smile intentionally.  Your first smile was to Papa.   Mommy was of course sleeping
 

Your favorite toy: Mobile (which is funny because it's usually a guaranteed poop if I sit you under the mobile after your morning feeding), and any ceiling fan you can find.    The swing is hit or miss.  I am worried you won't like it.  We sat you in front of the TV in the vibrating bouncy seat the other day and you watched the Olympics (soccer) for 30 minutes.  We have put you in the bumbo a few times for short periods.  You look so stinking cute!


Firsts:
First Smile
First 4th of July
First coos, oohs and ahhs
First trip to Grandma and Pop's
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote