These pictures are from the night that Brett was born. The only visitors that we had that day were our parents. I was very thankful that they were there during this special time.

These pictures are when he was first born, and when we were heading home! We were so caught up in the moment that we didn't get a "family pic" in the hospital!

Here is where Brett was 3 days old and we Emar was giving him his first bath (sponge). He did pretty good but there were some tears:)
Here is from our first trip to see Dr. Freeman, our pediatrician. I love the chalkboards in the rooms so we can document the date and stats. He weighed 8 lbs 1 oz at this appointment. He left the hospital (on a different scale) at 8 lbs 3 oz. 4 days old

Here are more pics from the whole "Jaundice Scenario." The pic of me is not the greatest.... This was right before we were released, no sleep = one TIRED mama! We were at the hospital for 24 hours. 4 days old

This was at home with his biliblanket. He definitely looked like a gloworm! Side note, these Swaddle Me's say that it will fit him until 14 lbs. I think NOT. I am a big fan of the Halo Swaddle. 5 days old

These are just some fun pics from Brett's first week of life. He got to meet his cousin Carson, Emar feeding him for the first time and a few other cute ones:) We got his newborn pictures done at his week "bday" and I love them! I will post them in a seperate post.

This picture was from 6/6/12. This was his followup with Dr. Freeman for his jaundice hospitalization. He weighed 8 lbs 5.8 oz at this visit! What a big boy! He was 6 days old.

Brett's cousins, Kate & Joe made the visit with their parents (my brother and sister in law). This was on 6/8/12 - 1 week 1 day old. Aunt Megan gave Brett his first "Passy" and he loves it!

Brett turned a week old in the first picture. Aunt Lori came to visit (8 days) old. She came over to see him and to take me to go get a pedicure! Brett loves to cuddle with his mama!

This first picture is probably one of my favs. Emar passed out on the couch and Brett passed out in the swing. It wasn't even 9:00pm. I am not sure why I wasn't catching some zzz's :) He was so alert, I love looking into his eyes!

Last Thursday, 6/14/12, Brett turned 2 weeks old. We went to Dr. Freeman's for a weight check. This little chunker is 8 lbs 11 oz! 2 oz over his birth weight, which was our goal! Doc says we don't have to wake him at night to feed anymore. Of course, he was still on the 3 hour schedule:) Now we are getting more like 4 -4 1/2 hrs of sleep. This was the first day that I drove since he was born and also the first day I drove Brett. I am a nervous wreck in the car. I am deathly afraid of a wreck. Let's just say I am definitely driving defensively! After the appointment, we took Brett to his first restaurant, WannaGettaPizza!

We haven't been the greatest on taking pictures this past week. We celebrated Emar's bday on Friday with his family and on Sunday, we celebrated Emar's first Father's Day. More on that later. We are starting tummy time and Brett experienced his first trip to Andy's Frozen Custard (a sure craving during my last trimester!).
Brett has met all of mine and Emar's coworkers- over the past 2 weeks we have taken him to both of our work sites and everyone ooo'd and awe'd over him. Emar went back to work when Brett was 13 days old. I was sooooooooooo fortunate to have him home with me and we definitely make a great team. He is very supportive of the breastfeeding which I wasn't 100% gung ho about (more on that later too).
Emar's work threw him a surprise baby shower on Tuesday, 6/19/12 I knew about it and Brett and I were able to attend. We got lots of great things- especially diapers! This little one is on his last pack of newborn diapers that I opened today. I am curious to see how fast he goes through them.

Aunt Lindsey (my BFF) came into town the past two days. I hope she got her baby fix:) I also put her to work rearranging our guestroom, linen closet and guest bathroom. I don't think she realized she was going to be doing manual labor. I bribed her with buying her food. We went to dinner on Monday night, just the two of us as Emar watched Brett. I had my first beer in 9 months- definitely felt a little buzzed after that!
We have a pretty good schedule going on right now. Brett nurses around 10pm or 11pm and then we go to bed. He wakes up once in the middle of the night. Emar changes his diaper, and I nurse him again. Emar wakes up around 5:30am and feeds Brett a bottle of breast milk around that time so I can sleep until around 9am. Then we are on a schedule for approximately 3 hours. Today it's been about 2 hours - thinking he is going through a growth spurt.
I am going to try to make an effort to blog more as I don't want to forget these memories and this gives me the avenue to do so. I started this personal blog as an outlet of therapy, support and networking though my struggles through infertility. Obviously it has changed. I will never forget my struggles, as they will always be a part of me. I am just at a different point in my life- Motherhood and I couldn't be happier.
Love all the pictures and the update one what you've been up to these last three weeks. We didn't get a family picture in the hospital either, it actually took us a few weeks to do it! That's one thing I really regret. And I was so nervous, and still am, driving with Chloe in the car. I don't know if that will ever go away. Happy birthday to your husband and I hope he had a great first Father's Day!
ReplyDelete