Sunday, February 13, 2011

Mom to the Rescue

We have an ongoing joke between friends and family- when there is something wrong with you, I am sure Sharon (my mother) has some tonic or homeopathic remedy for it. 

Once I received the news about my 6cm cyst, I immediately called Sharon.  I asked her to do some research on PCOS and how to get rid for this damn thing.  Well, she never lets you down.  She sent me a care package with strict instructions on what to do.  Don't worry, I will discuss with Dr. S tomorrow when I get a return call back  b/c AF decided to come on Friday.  It was only one week from the day I got the news of the Lime in my ovary.  Dr. S nurse thought it may be too soon to start a new cycle but would talk with Dr. S and call me back Monday. I have already prepared myself for another cycle until we start another round of drugs.  This will give me time to try the homeopathic approach. 

Here are a few pictures (sorry for the fuzziness)

This picture is about my diet.  It looks like a diabetics diet.  My mom read (and so have I) about insulin resistance for people with PCOS.  Carbs are my vice but they go straight to my ass and belly.

This next picture is the regimen for all the supplements that she sent me.  I plan on starting after I speak with Dr. S tomorrow.

 And here is a picture of the items in my "care package" from Sharon.  Emar thinks it's a joke but I wouldn't have called her if I didn't believe there were non-medicated remedies for PCOS. 
Emar and I decided on Friday that we are going to start Weight Watchers tomorrow.  This will be round 4 for me and round 2 for him.  We  He did really well last spring... I lost 10 lbs and he lost 27 lbs in 4 months.  He can get into the groove and is very disciplined about keeping track of his points.  I on the other hand, that is my downfall. I fail to log my points and it is proven to be successful when you log your points.  Wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

  1. but now you have a smart phone, and you can track them with the app right?!? Your Mom sounds like my MIL! I would ask Dr.S about the insulin resistance, because that was part of the testing you did. My old doc in KC had me on metformin (which tore me up inside- it's a diabetic drug), and a really high dose (like double what my step FIL was taking, and he was 300 pounds and pre-diabetic). He told me to stop, because not all PCOS has insulin resistance, and I was not one of them... just a thought.

    ReplyDelete

Quote