I have been a horrible blogger lately and I am sorry! Most importantly, I want to thank everyone for their kind words with our Failed IUI#3. Your comments definitely lifted my spirits!
Since the failed IUI, I have been trying to keep busy. We went to Hot Springs, AR (where my parents live) over the 4th of July weekend. I specifically asked my mom to pick me up some Bud Light Lime- my fav! We went down there for 2 reasons. 1. To have a long weekend away and 2. to pick up Emar's "new" truck that my parents sold to us. I had a relaxing weekend and even got a few naps in!
We are anxiously awaiting our big vacation coming up to Florida. We leave next Saturday and we are staying at a wonderful Marriott Vacation Club for 3 nights and then to my grandma's for 4 nights- over my 31st birthday. In Orlando, we plan on going to Universal Studios one day, laying at the resort pool one day and the third day is still up in the air. We were 100% sure we were going to go to Islands of Adventure but yesterday, we went to Silver Dollar City (Branson) and I realized I am getting too old for all the rides. I am still undecided. There really isn't anything that we can both agree on so I will probably just concede:) When we head to my grandma's, we will definitely be hitting the beach and eating crab legs!
On the infertility side of my life, we are undecided on what is next. We still have to make an appt with Dr. S to discuss our next option which I believe is IVF or adoption. I plan on making the appointment when we return from vacation. I don't want anything to stress over while we are gone. We are still not 100% sure what we are going to do. We want to meet with him to see if I am a "good candidate" and explore the costs. My insurance doesn't cover anything but they have a discount program with the Reproductive Resource Center in Overland Park, KS. RRC is the closest IF clinic (well, yes St. Louis has one too and is only 3 hours away but we have family in Kansas City so that would reduce travel/lodging costs). I still have A LOT of research to do but I am not in a hurry. I want to meet with Dr. S first. As I mentioned in my last post, I am working on Bethany Baby Bootcamp when I return from vacation. If we do choose to go the IVF route, I am not going to spend thousands of dollars to be unhealthy during the procedure. I would love to weigh 30 lbs less, the weight I was when I moved to Springfield- 5 years ago! I am looking into a personal trainer to hold me accountable because I obviously can't do it myself! So during some of my preliminary research, I have come across the Attain IVF program. Have any of you fellow IF bloggers done this? If so, I would love your feedback on the program.
Well that's where we are now. I hope you all have a great week and look forward to reading your posts!
Glad you have found things to occupy yourself. Hope your vacation is awesome! I am hoping that we can take a trip sometime soon too!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your vacation and good luck deciding next steps. Sounds like you are in a good place...
ReplyDeleteFound your blog through LFCA. I did IVF through the Attain program. Without it, there's no way my husband and I would have dared proceed. Only by removing the financial risk could we consider taking on all the other risks of trying IVF. For us, it was money well spent (though it would be nice if it weren't such a lot of money!) as I actually got pregnant on IVF #2 and am now 36 weeks along!
ReplyDeleteFound your blog through LFCA- i too used Attain. I would be happy to answer any questions (I've been meaning to write a post on this topic, but haven't gotten to it yet). We got pregnant on our first IVF/ICSI, i am currently 25 weeks along. Given we didn't have a crystal ball prior to starting IVF, I still have no regrets about using Attain even though in the end it was not the most affordable cycle becuase it worked on the first try- using the program was the piece of mind I needed given our history. I have strong feelings about the ethics of the program and the business side of reproductive medicine in general (Blah!) but given options are limited and costs are so high, it was the best decision for us.
ReplyDeleteI, too, used the Attain program and am currently awaiting transfer of IVF #1. It was the best choice for us because it reduced the stress of NEEDING the first cycle to work. If it doesn't work that will for sure suck, but at least we know we've got another shot at it without dropping more money. If you've got any specific questions I would love to try and help you!
ReplyDeleteGood luck to you. I'm sorry to hear about the BFN. They really stink. I'll be sending you thoughts & prayers for peace in whatever you decide.
ReplyDelete